Wednesday, August 09, 2017

Do You Believe This?

Do
You
Believe This?
Scripture
John 11
21 Martha said to Jesus, “Lord, if you had been here, my brother would not have died. 22 But I know that even now God will give you anything you ask.”
23 Jesus said, “Your brother will rise and live again.”
24 Martha answered, “I know that he will rise and live again in the resurrection on the last day.”
25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; 26 and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”
27 “Yes, Lord,” she replied, “I believe that you are the Messiah, the Son of God, who is to come into the world.”


Observation

My brother-in-law, DuWayne Crofton, went to be with Jesus this past Saturday morning.

How do I know that he went to Heaven? I am glad you asked!

I know that he went to Heaven because he knew Jesus Christ as his personal Lord and Savior!

In those last days DuWayne knew that he was dying. His children, Kevin, Darin, and Kelli and his wife Janice assured DuWayne that one day they would all be together again in Heaven.

I am so proud of them and how they handled the death of this special person that we all love so much.

I told Kathy that when I die I want to have DuWayne Crofton's kind of faith!

DuWayne was able to smile and express his love toward everyone that came to see him, in spite of the pain, right up to the very last! God is so good!


Those who believe in Jesus will live even though they die. And whoever lives putting their trust and faith (believing) in Jesus will never die.

Do you believe this?

It is not good people that go to Heaven and bad people that go to Hell. It is only forgiven people that go to Heaven.

Have you been forgiven?

John 1:12
12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God
John 3:16
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Romans 3:24
Yet God, in his grace, freely makes us right in his sight. He did this through Christ Jesus when he freed us from the penalty for our sins.
Acts 24
47b ... ‘There is forgiveness of sins for all who repent.’
Application

I will tell people about the Good News of Jesus Christ every chance I get! How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You are the God of all comfort and compassion. Comfort the Crofton family as they go through this time of loss. Thank You for allowing me to experience the tremendous faith shown by DuWayne and his family. Thank You for being with them during this difficult time of sickness. I know that DuWayne is not suffering now. He has no more pain! He is with You!

Romans 8
38 And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love.
Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love.
39 No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Daily Bible Reading: Jeremiah 3,4; John 11




No comments: