Monday, August 28, 2017

This Is The Secret Christ Lives In You

This Is The Secret
Christ
Lives In You
Scripture
Colossians 1
15 Christ is the visible image of the invisible God.
He existed before anything was created and is supreme over all creation,

16 for through him God created everything
in the heavenly realms and on earth.
He made the things we can see
and the things we can’t see—
such as thrones, kingdoms, rulers, and authorities in the unseen world.
Everything was created through him and for him.

17 He existed before anything else,
and he holds all creation together.

18 Christ is also the head of the church,
which is his body.
He is the beginning,
supreme over all who rise from the dead.
So he is first in everything.

19 For God in all his fullness
was pleased to live in Christ,

20 and through him God reconciled
everything to himself.
He made peace with everything in heaven and on earth
by means of Christ’s blood on the cross.
27 For God wanted them to know that the riches and glory of Christ are for you Gentiles, too. And this is the secret: Christ lives in you. This gives you assurance of sharing his glory.
Observation

Here is a thought for your Monday! The same Christ who created everything and the same Christ who sustains and holds everything together, God Himself, actually lives in me and can live in you! Amazing isn't it! If you are a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ then the Creator of this entire Universe really does live inside of you! Yes, the same Spirit of God, who raised Jesus from the dead, lives in you!
Romans 8:10-11
10 Yet, even though Christ lives within you, your body will die because of sin; but your spirit will live, for Christ has pardoned it.

11 And if the Spirit of God, who raised up Jesus from the dead, lives in you, he will make your dying bodies live again after you die, by means of this same Holy Spirit living within you.

Application

As I face problems and difficult situations this week I will remember “Who” lives in me! … How about you?
Philippians 4:13
13 I am able to do all things through Him who strengthens me.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You are my strength. I know that You live inside of me. Your Holy Spirit, the same Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead, lives within me. So I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. As I go through this week I will hold on tightly to every one of Your promises in Your Word. You are an Amazing God! Nothing is too hard for You!
Daily Bible Reading: Ezekiel 1,2,3; Revelation 2; Psalm 28, Psalm 58; Proverbs 28; Colossians 1



No comments: