Sunday, August 13, 2017

You Must Influence Them; Do Not Let Them Influence You!

You Must Influence Them;
Do Not
Let Them Influence You!
Scripture
Jeremiah 15
19 This is how the Lord responds:
If you return to me, I will restore you
so you can continue to serve me.
If you speak good words rather than worthless ones,
you will be my spokesman.
You must influence them;
do not let them influence you!
Matthew 5
13 “You are the salt of the earth. But what good is salt if it has lost its flavor? Can you make it salty again? It will be thrown out and trampled underfoot as worthless.
14 “You are the light of the world—like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden. 15 No one lights a lamp and then puts it under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where it gives light to everyone in the house.
16 In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father.
Observation

As followers of Jesus Christ you and I are to be godly influences on those around us.
We are to be salt and light! God was telling Prophet Jeremiah to influence those around him and not let those around him influence him!
Running with the crowd, the wrong crowd, can and will mess us up!
And that is why finding and being active in a good church is so important!
I heard Kathy tell someone the other day who has not been able to get victory of alcohol addiction, “Buddy you need to change your friends and you need to change your playground!”
You and I are the salt of the earth. We are the light of the world! We must be a positive influence on those around us. Let's not let those around us be a negative influence on us.
Application
I will let good friends hold me accountable in my walk with Christ. How about you?
Pray

Heavenly Father, I know how easy it is to be influenced in the wrong direction. I am bombarded constantly with messages from the evil one tempting me to sin. I don't need friends that will influence me to sin too. I need good friends that will keep me heading in the right direction. Help anyone that may be reading this blog today to find some good friends to hang out with. Show them the danger of hanging with the wrong people. Give them the strength and the courage to find new friends.

Daily Bible Reading: Jeremiah 13,14,15; John 15



No comments: