Wednesday, August 02, 2017

They Put A Ring In His Nose, Bound Him Bronze Chains, And Led Him Away To Babylon.

They Put A Ring In His Nose,
Bound Him Bronze Chains,
And Led Him Away To Babylon.
Scripture
2 Chronicles 33
11 So the Lord sent the commanders of the Assyrian armies, and they took Manasseh prisoner. They put a ring through his nose, bound him in bronze chains, and led him away to Babylon.
12 But while in deep distress, Manasseh sought the Lord his God and sincerely humbled himself before the God of his ancestors.
13 And when he prayed, the Lord listened to him and was moved by his request. So the Lord brought Manasseh back to Jerusalem and to his kingdom. Then Manasseh finally realized that the Lord alone is God!
Observation
Manasseh was bad to the core. He was so bad that he sacrificed his own sons by throwing them into a fire in worship to false gods.
God sent the Assyrian army to get his attention. They put a ring in his nose, bound him with bronze chains, and hauled him off to Babylon.
Then Manasseh finally realized that the Lord alone is God!
What did it take for God to get your attention or maybe the question is still … what will it take for God to get your attention?
Will it take a ring in your nose and bronze chains? Prison? I hope not.
Application
I will continue to pray for the Lord to do whatever it takes in the lives of the people that I love to get them to turn their lives around and begin to put God first. Whatever it takes! How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that there is not one of us that deserve to have a relationship with You and yet You love us. You loved evil King Manasseh and You love evil me.
I am a sinner just like all the other people that I love. None of us deserve Your mercy, Your love, Your kindness, or Your forgiveness. We all deserve eternal punishment in Hell. Thank You for giving me what I don't deserve.
I pray for those close to me that still are not putting You first in their lives. Do whatever it takes Lord in his or her life to turn them around.
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Kings 21; 2 Chronicles 33; John 4




No comments: