Tuesday, August 22, 2017

If We Love Our Brothers And Sisters Who Are Believers, It Proves That We Have Passed From Death To Life.

If We Love Our Brothers And Sisters
Who Are Believers,
It Proves That We Have Passed From Death To Life.
Scripture
1 John 3
11 This is the message you have heard from the beginning: We should love one another.
12 We must not be like Cain, who belonged to the evil one and killed his brother. And why did he kill him? Because Cain had been doing what was evil, and his brother had been doing what was righteous.
13 So don’t be surprised, dear brothers and sisters, if the world hates you.
14 If we love our brothers and sisters who are believers, it proves that we have passed from death to life. But a person who has no love is still dead.
15 Anyone who hates another brother or sister is really a murderer at heart. And you know that murderers don’t have eternal life within them.
Observation
Animosity is defined as a strong feeling of dislike or hatred, and it has no place in my life. And it has no place in your life either!
We have plenty of examples in Scripture of animosity and the damage it caused between brothers – Cain and Abel, Jacob and Esau, Joseph and his brothers, etc.
These are strong words for us in 1 John, “Anyone who hates another brother or sister is really a murderer at heart.”
You and I are commanded over and over and over again in Scripture to “love one another”.
So lets reach out to any offended brother or sister and offer our love and offer them an apology.
I love you. I am sorry. Will you forgive me?”
Application
I will not let animosity creep in to my life. How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, don't let hate and animosity creep into my life. Show me when I am unloving. Show me when I am unkind. I am a sinner. I know that I can build up animosity in my heart when someone is mean to me and when someone hurts me. Don't let me do it. Help me to keep my sins confessed up to date. Help me to guard my heart. Show me anything that is not right in my life so that I can confess it as sin. Help me to forgive.
Daily Bible Reading: Jeremiah 28,29,30; 1 John 3




No comments: