Sunday, August 06, 2017

There May Be No Sheep In The Pens And No Cattle In The Barns. But I Will Still Be Glad In The Lord;

There May Be No Sheep In The Pens
And No Cattle In The Barns.
But I Will Still Be Glad In The Lord;
Scripture
Habakkuk 3
17 Fig trees may not grow figs,
and there may be no grapes on the vines.
There may be no olives growing
and no food growing in the fields.
There may be no sheep in the pens
and no cattle in the barns.
18 But I will still be glad in the Lord;
I will rejoice in God my Savior.
19 The Lord God is my strength.
He makes me like a deer that does not stumble
so I can walk on the steep mountains.
Observation

I love this passage found today in Habakkuk chapter 3!

No matter how bad things were the Prophet Habakkuk was still going to be glad in the Lord. He was still going to rely on God for his strength. He was still going to rejoice in God as his Savior.

You and I need to do the same thing!
Psalm 28:7
The Lord is my strength and shield. I trust him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.
Psalm 46:1
God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble.
2 Samuel 22:30
In your strength I can crush an army; with my God I can scale any wall.
Psalm 73:26
My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever.
Philippians 4
6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
19 And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.
Application

No matter what I have or don't have in this life I will rejoice in the Lord. The Lord God is my strength. How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, Your promise to me and to anyone else that may read this blog is that You will meet every need that we have as long as we put You first. I will rejoice in You today. You are my Strength. You are my Savior. There is nothing too hard for You. Give all of those who are weary and weak Your strength today. Help them to rejoice in You today. Fill their hearts with joy!
Daily Bible Reading: Habakkuk 1,2,3; John 8



No comments: