Tuesday, August 01, 2017

He Must Become Greater And Greater, And I Must Become Less And Less.

He Must Become
Greater And Greater,
And I Must Become Less And Less.
Scripture
John 3
30 He must become greater and greater, and I must become less and less.
Observation

Do you want to be successful in life?

If we put God first, others second, and “ourselves” dead last on a daily basis then we will be successful in God's eyes! We will make Him smile!

My tendency and maybe your tendency too is to get those 3 out of order!

And to be honest it is a daily struggle for Eddy Williams to keep those 3 in the right order –

Me – Myself – and I” always seems to want to move up to that number one spot!

Matthew 22:37-39
37 Jesus replied, “‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.
Mark 9:35
35 He sat down, called the twelve disciples over to him, and said, “Whoever wants to be first must take last place and be the servant of everyone else.”
Mark 10:43-45
43 But among you it will be different. Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant, 44 and whoever wants to be first among you must be the slave of everyone else. 45 For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
2 Corinthians 10:18
When people commend themselves, it doesn’t count for much. The important thing is for the Lord to commend them.
Application
It is my desire to be number 3 today.
How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, nobody knows me better than You. Help me keep You in the number one spot in my life. Help me to think of other people as more important than myself and when I get things out of that order please let me know that I am messing up!
Daily Bible Reading: Isaiah 65,66; Psalms 62; John 3



No comments: