Friday, December 08, 2017

“Christ Jesus Came Into The World To Save Sinners” – And I Am The Worst Of Them All.

Christ Jesus Came Into The World To Save Sinners” –
And
I Am The Worst Of Them All.
Scripture
1 Timothy 1
15 This is a trustworthy saying, and everyone should accept it: “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners”—and I am the worst of them all. 
16 But God had mercy on me so that Christ Jesus could use me as a prime example of his great patience with even the worst sinners. Then others will realize that they, too, can believe in him and receive eternal life. 
17 All honor and glory to God forever and ever! He is the eternal King, the unseen one who never dies; he alone is God. Amen.
Observation

When I am praying and thinking about family members that are still living like they have never heard of Jesus Christ or His claim on their lives I remind myself that if God saved and changed me then God can save and change anybody!
He can surely turn my family members around and save them just like He saved me.
I never pursued God. God pursued and caught me! I look back on my life before I trusted Christ as my Lord and Savior and I was a mess.
I am still broken. I am still a sinner. But God has rescued me from myself and from an empty life and He has given me a life full of purpose and meaning .
I hate to think about what my life would have been like without Christ.
And that is why I continue to pray for my family asking God to change the direction of their lives and I will never stop praying for them.
If you are a follower of Christ then I think you understand exactly what I am saying!
How about you? Are you tired of living the empty life?
Application
I will continue to pray for my family and I will never give up! How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank You for saving me. Thank You for saving me from a life of emptiness and destruction. Thank You for giving me purpose and meaning for each day of my life. I pray for my family. I thank You for each one of them. I realize how important it is to pray for them and never give up on them. One day they will call you Lord. One day they will make the decision to turn their lives around in Your direction and follow You. Protect them until they do. Pursue them Lord. Please do whatever it takes to get them to make that U-turn and recognize Jesus as Lord and Savior. For their sake … do whatever it takes!
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Timothy 1,2,3,4



No comments: