Sunday, December 10, 2017

If You Stay Away From Sin You Will Be Like One Of Those Dishes Made Of Purest Gold – The Very Best In The House

If You Stay Away From Sin
You Will Be Like One Of Those Dishes
Made Of Purest Gold – The Very Best In The House
2 Timothy 2 New Living Translation
20 In a wealthy home some utensils are made of gold and silver, and some are made of wood and clay. The expensive utensils are used for special occasions, and the cheap ones are for everyday use. 

21 If you keep yourself pure, you will be a special utensil for honorable use. Your life will be clean, and you will be ready for the Master to use you for every good work.

22 Run from anything that stimulates youthful lusts. Instead, pursue righteous living, faithfulness, love, and peace. Enjoy the companionship of those who call on the Lord with pure hearts.


2 Timothy 2 Living Bible
20 In a wealthy home there are dishes made of gold and silver as well as some made from wood and clay. The expensive dishes are used for guests, and the cheap ones are used in the kitchen or to put garbage in.

 21 If you stay away from sin you will be like one of these dishes made of purest gold—the very best in the house—so that Christ himself can use you for his highest purposes.

22 Run from anything that gives you the evil thoughts that young men often have, but stay close to anything that makes you want to do right.
Have faith and love, and enjoy the companionship of those who love the Lord and have pure hearts.
Observation

If you and I will just stay away from sin then God can use us just like the special dishes that we might use when we are serving special guests in our home.
We will be like the “fine china”. God wants to use us for His glory!
The only thing that can mess up God's plan for your life and my life is “us” and the sin that we allow to derail us from God's best!
Run from sin!
1 John 1:9
9 But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.
Psalm 119
9 How can a young person stay pure?
    By obeying your word.
11 I have hidden your word in my heart,
    that I might not sin against you.

Application

I will hide God's Word in my heart to keep me away from sin. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, it is so easy for me to be drawn away and so easy to yield to temptation. Help me to say “no” to sin. Give me the strength to run from the temptations that still come my way. I want to finish my life well. I pray for those who seem to be caught in addictions that are destroying their marriages and that will destroy their lives. Give them victory over those things that have them as slaves. Help them to walk in victory today. Help them to give You the credit and You the glory for their success in their sobriety.
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Timothy 1,2,3,4



No comments: