Tuesday, December 12, 2017

An Encouraging Word Cheers A Person Up

An Encouraging
Word
Cheers A Person Up
Scripture
Proverbs 12
25 Worry weighs a person down;
    an encouraging word cheers a person up.
Observation

I know why I am writing about this verse on encouragement! It is because I need it!

It is because I am deeply troubled.

I heard last night that some of our dear friends have fallen back into their old life, the old life of sin that only deals out pain, suffering, destruction, and terrible consequences – and all for just a very few moments of escape and pleasure.

So just like everybody else, I need to hear words of encouragement today – words that will cheer me up!

Have you noticed ... life is brutal!

Other people's sins do have an impact on us too! My sins don't only affect me but they also touch and damage the lives of other people close to me.

Lets take time today to encourage someone ... maybe with a hand written note, a kind word, a random act of kindness, a phone call, a text message, Facebook message, or an email!
Psalm 32
7 For you are my hiding place;
    you protect me from trouble.
    You surround me with songs of victory.
Application
I will look for ways to encourage others today. How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray for my friends who seem to be going in the wrong direction with their lives. Help them Lord. I know that You will never give up on them. Help me to live my life in a way that doesn't not hurt those around me. Don't let me yield to sin. I pray for anyone reading this blog that may be tempted to return to his or her old way of life. Give them strength not to yield to temptation. Show them how important it is to live a godly life.
Daily Bible Reading: Hebrews 5,6,7,8; Psalm 12, Psalm 32; Proverbs 12




No comments: