Saturday, December 09, 2017

You Have Made My Life No Longer Than The Width Of My Hand. My Entire Lifetime Is Just A Moment To You;

You Have Made My Life
No Longer Than The Width Of My Hand.
My Entire Lifetime Is Just A Moment To You;
Scripture
Psalm 39
4 “Lord, remind me how brief my time on earth will be.
    Remind me that my days are numbered—
    how fleeting my life is.
5 You have made my life no longer than the width of my hand.
    My entire lifetime is just a moment to you;
    at best, each of us is but a breath.”
Observation
Kathy and I went to visit one of her cousins yesterday who shared with us that she is now 88 years young! 
As Kathy and her cousin Ann talked about family and brought each other up to date, there were lots of great memories shared, memories that spanned a bunch of years, but to our God all of those years are like the blink of an eye! 
In fact, our life is compared to the width of one of our hands. I don't know about yours but my hand is not very wide! 
They talked about what was most important in life – FAMILY! 
I was reminded yesterday with that visit with Kathy's cousin and I am reminded again this morning by reading this passage that we need to make great memories with our kids and grand-kids and the rest of our extended family while we can … because in a blink of an eye, in one short breath, or a fleeting moment and our lives are over!
Application
I will enjoy making memories with my kids and grand-kids as I have the opportunity! How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I know that I am on the short end of life. It has been a great 66 years but I realize that I am getting close to the other side of my hand. Life is short and I am on the short end of a short life. Help me to finish well. Don't let me mess up. Help me to focus on what is important – on people and not on stuff. I pray for my kids and my grand-kids. Help them to walk close to You. Help Kathy and I be godly examples to them. I pray for Kathy's cousin Ann. Give her strength. Bless her children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren!
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Timothy 5,6; Titus 1,2,3; Psalm 9, Psalm 39; Proverbs 9



No comments: