Thursday, December 14, 2017

Let Us Run With Endurance The Race God Has Set Before Us.

Let Us
Run With Endurance
The Race God Has Set Before Us.
Scripture
Hebrews 12
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up.
And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us.
2 We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame.
Observation

Our oldest daughter, Jenny, is preparing to run her first Marathon “26.2 miles”. Can you believe it – 26.2 miles!
Just the other day I saw on Facebook that she had completed a 20 mile run!
Oh my, I can't even imagine walking 20 miles, forget the idea of turning that long of a walk into a run!
To run a Marathon or even to complete a 20 mile run I imagine that one has to keep his or her focus on the goal – the finish line! It is the same for us as followers of the Lord Jesus Christ. We are running in the Ultimate Marathon called “the life of faith”!
Believe me, this life of faith is a Marathon ... it is not a wind sprint!
There are so many obstacles along the way to trip us up! Satan doesn't want us to finish well.
Satan wants to trip us up, so everyday he tempts us with sin!
If we do get tripped up, no matter how many times we get tripped up, lets get up quickly, confess our sins, repent, and put your eyes back on Jesus ... and lets get back into the race and lets finish well!
1 Timothy 4:8
Physical training is good, but training for godliness is much better, promising benefits in this life and in the life to come.”
1 Corinthians 9:25, 27
All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize.
I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified.
Application
I plan to finish this life of faith and I plan on finishing it well. How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to finish well. I want to please You with the way that I live this life of faith. Don't let me do stupid sins that cause me to trip. Keep me in the race. I pray for those reading this blog that have been tripped up and have fallen into sin. Help them to get up, confess their sins, turn their eyes back on Jesus and help them to get back on track and back into the race. Show them how to have victory of the sins that tripped them up.

Daily Bible Reading: Hebrews 12,13; Jude



No comments: