Thursday, December 21, 2017

My Help Comes From The Lord, Who Made Heaven And Earth!

My Help Comes
From The Lord,
Who Made Heaven And Earth!
Scripture
Psalm 121
1 I look up to the mountains—
    does my help come from there?
2 My help comes from the Lord,
    who made heaven and earth!
Observation

When you and I try to get help from any other place other than the Lord it can get us into serious trouble.

Trying to escape our problems at home by having an affair with someone at work is a sure way to crash and burn. The grass, my friend, is not greener on the other side of the fence.

Fertilize your own pasture!

And trying to ease our pain by using drugs and alcohol only multiplies our misery. There is only one place for you and I to get help.

My help and your help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth!

Hebrews 13:4
Give honor to marriage, and remain faithful to one another in marriage. God will surely judge people who are immoral and those who commit adultery.
Leviticus 20
10 If a man commits adultery with his neighbor’s wife, both the man and the woman who have committed adultery must be put to death.
14 You must not commit adultery.
Proverbs 6:32
But the man who commits adultery is an utter fool, for he destroys himself.
Application
I will not give up on people who are trying to get help in all of the wrong places. How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, my help doesn't come from any other place. My help comes from You. You are enough. I pray for those who are trying to solve their problems by jumping fences and committing adultery. I pray for those who are using drugs and alcohol to get a momentary escape from pain only to be drawn deeper and deeper into addiction. Help them Lord. Only You can change the direction of the ones who I am praying for … only You.
Daily Bible Reading: John 9,10,11; Psalm 21, Psalm 121; Proverbs 21
> I have made it a habit to pray for those who read this blog! I enjoy lifting you and your family up to the Lord in prayer.



No comments: