Thursday, December 07, 2017

Don't Lie To Each Other

Don't
Lie
To Each Other
Scripture
Colossians 3
So put to death the sinful, earthly things lurking within you. Have nothing to do with sexual immorality, impurity, lust, and evil desires. Don’t be greedy, for a greedy person is an idolater, worshiping the things of this world. 

6 Because of these sins, the anger of God is coming.

 7 You used to do these things when your life was still part of this world.
8 But now is the time to get rid of anger, rage, malicious behavior, slander, and dirty language. 
9 Don’t lie to each other, for you have stripped off your old sinful nature and all its wicked deeds. 
10 Put on your new nature, and be renewed as you learn to know your Creator and become like him.
Observation

God wants you and He wants me to be persons of integrity. People need to be able to trust us. It is very sad when people can't trust what we tell them.

Isn't it interesting that followers of Christ have to be told not to lie to one another! It is a sin that is listed right up there with anger, rage, slander, sexual immorality, lust, and greed.

We say that we are going to do something but then don't follow through with what we told that person we would do for them. Sometimes that is unavoidable and sometimes it is just a lie. Let's let our yes be yes and our no be no.

When we don't keep our word we lie!

Do we lie to our children? Do we lie to our parents. Do we lie to our Christians brothers and sisters?

For Kathy and I, probably our deepest pain and our worst hurts have been at the hands of a few liars!
John 8:44
For you are the children of your father the devil, and you love to do the evil things he does. He was a murderer from the beginning. He has always hated the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, it is consistent with his character; for he is a liar and the father of lies.
Proverbs 12:19
Truthful words stand the test of time, but lies are soon exposed.
Proverbs 13:5
The godly hate lies; the wicked cause shame and disgrace.
1 Peter 3:10
For the Scriptures say, “If you want to enjoy life and see many happy days, keep your tongue from speaking evil and your lips from telling lies.
Ephesians 4:25
So stop telling lies. Let us tell our neighbors the truth, for we are all parts of the same body.
2 Corinthians 1:17-19
17 You may be asking why I changed my plan. Do you think I make my plans carelessly? Do you think I am like people of the world who say “Yes” when they really mean “No”?

 18 As surely as God is faithful, our word to you does not waver between “Yes” and “No.” 

19 For Jesus Christ, the Son of God, does not waver between “Yes” and “No.” He is the one whom Silas, Timothy, and I preached to you, and as God’s ultimate “Yes,” he always does what he says.

Application
I will be a person of integrity. How about you?
Prayer

Heaven Father, it is easy to tell a lie. Sometimes or maybe many times it is easier to tell a lie rather than to tell the truth. But I know that You want me to be a person of integrity. You want me to be transparent. You want me to be honest with people. Help me to be a person of integrity. Help me to always let my Yes be Yes and my No be No. I want people to be able to count on me. I pray for anyone that is reading this blog that may struggle in this area. Help them Lord. Help them. Give them the strength and the courage to change their behavior.
Daily Bible Reading: Colossians 1,2,3,4



No comments: