Sunday, December 17, 2017

By His Divine Power, God Has Given Us Everything We Need For Living A Godly Life.

By His Divine Power,
God Has Given Us
Everything We Need For Living A Godly Life.
Scripture
2 Peter 1
3 By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence.
Observation

If we as followers of the Lord Jesus Christ are not living godly lives, it is not God's fault. God has given us everything we need for living a godly life.
His Holy Spirit lives within us.
So if we yield ourselves to sin whatever it may be then we have started living ungodly lives and I guarantee you and I speak from experience that our lives will be in turmoil inside.
Once we cross over and begin living in sin we also immediately blame someone else to justify our sinful behavior.
The great news is that you and I have been given His divine power and that Power lives inside of us. God has given us everything we need for living godly lives.
If you have crossed the line and you have fallen for one of Satan's traps, and have you taken the bait, and have fallen into sin then I have Good News for you … God has a verse for that!
There is a way out!
1 John 1:9
9 But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.
1 Corinthians 6:18
Run from sexual sin! No other sin so clearly affects the body as this one does. For sexual immorality is a sin against your own body.
Application

God has given me everything that I need to live a godly life. I have no excuse. … How about you?

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I have watched so many people fall into the Devil's traps. And I realize that I am capable of doing the same thing myself if I don't guard my life and live close to You. I pray for those who are struggling with sin. Show them that You have given them everything they need to live godly lives. Give them victory over Satan's schemes. Help them realize that what they are doing will destroy not only them but will also hurt everyone around them. You are a mighty God. Nothing is too hard for You. You can bring them back into a right relationship with You and You can restore their families. Hurry Lord!
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Peter 1,2,3; John 1



No comments: