Friday, December 15, 2017

The Ernest Prayer Of A Righteous Person Has Great Power And Produces Wonderful Results

The Ernest Prayer Of A Righteous Person
Has Great Power
And Produces Wonderful Results
Scripture
James 5
13 Are any of you suffering hardships? You should pray. Are any of you happy? You should sing praises. 
14 Are any of you sick? You should call for the elders of the church to come and pray over you, anointing you with oil in the name of the Lord.15
 Such a prayer offered in faith will heal the sick, and the Lord will make you well. And if you have committed any sins, you will be forgiven.
16 Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results. 
17 Elijah was as human as we are, and yet when he prayed earnestly that no rain would fall, none fell for three and a half years!
 18 Then, when he prayed again, the sky sent down rain and the earth began to yield its crops.
Observation
What God is saying to me as I read James 5 this morning, is that if I keep myself close to Him and if I keep myself away from sin then my prayers have great power and will produce wonderful results.
A righteous person is not perfect, but it is someone who has decided to put God first in his or her life.
I am reminded as I think about this chapter of another verse that I love: Romans 8 :11 “The Spirit of God, who raised Jesus from the dead, lives in you...”
You and I have been given the awesome privilege and the responsibility of talking to God on behalf of other people.
Why not take a few moments right now and lift up some people that God has placed on your heart and talk to God on their behalf!
Remember … “The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.”
Application
I will pray for all the people that God places on my heart, knowing that my God hears me and He will work in the lives of those that I pray for.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, as I pray for people today I know that You hear me. I know that if I ask according to Your will that You will also answer my prayers. Help me to take time to pray for those in my family, for those who I keep up with on Facebook, and for all of those that come to my mind when I am praying, because I know that they came to my mind because You placed them there. You are a Mighty God. Nothing is too hard for You.
Daily Bible Reading: James 1,2,3,4,5



No comments: