Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Hear Me As I Pray, O Lord. Be Merciful And Answer Me!

Hear Me As I Pray, O Lord.
Be Merciful
And Answer Me!
Scripture
Psalm 27
7 Hear me as I pray, O Lord.
    Be merciful and answer me!
8 My heart has heard you say, “Come and talk with me.”
    And my heart responds, “Lord, I am coming.”

Revelation 3:20
Look! I have been standing at the door, and I am constantly knocking. If anyone hears me calling him and opens the door, I will come in and fellowship with him and he with me.

Observation

Revelation 3:20 and Psalm 27:7-8, both of these passages reveal to me my Heavenly Father's heart and how He feels about me.
He wants and desires an intimate relationship with me and He wants that kind of a relationship with you too.
He is pursuing us.
He knocking on the door of our hearts. Can you hear Him?
1 Peter 3:7
Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers.
1 Peter 3:12
For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer, but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.”
Application
Intimacy with my Heavenly Father is only possible when my behavior matches my beliefs. I must be a man of integrity, a man after God's own heart.
How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, this morning my heart has heard You say, “Come and talk with me.”And my heart responded, “Lord, I am coming.” Help me to stay away from stupid sins, sins that mess up my relationship with You, that mess up my relationship with Kathy, and with all of the other people that I love. Help me to be a man of integrity. Give me the strength to live my life in a way that matches what I believe.
Daily Bible Reading: Revelation 1,2,3,4; Psalm 27, Psalm 127; Proverbs 27



No comments: