Monday, December 04, 2017

Do Not Bring Sorrow To God's Holy Spirit By The Way You Live.

Do Not
Bring Sorrow To God's Holy Spirit
By The Way You Live.
Scripture
Ephesians 4
30 And do not bring sorrow to God’s Holy Spirit by the way you live. Remember, he has identified you as his own,  guaranteeing that you will be saved on the day of redemption.

31 Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of evil behavior. 
32 Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you.
Ephesians 4:30 NCV
And do not make the Holy Spirit sad. The Spirit is God’s proof that you belong to him. God gave you the Spirit to show that God will make you free when the final day comes.
Observation
God wants us to live differently than the rest of the world lives.
He wants us to get rid of all types of evil behavior! Why?
One big reason not to sin is that our sin makes God sad.
Another excellent reason not to continue in sin is that God promises that there will be severe consequences!
So we need to stop doing what we know grieves God's Holy Spirit.
Stop it! Lets not continue to sin!
You and I, as followers of the Lord Jesus Christ, should live our lives to make God smile! Our lives should bring Him glory and honor.
Do we know Him? … Then lets act like we know Him!
1 Corinthians 6
19 Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, 20 for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body.
Romans 6:13
Do not let any part of your body become an instrument of evil to serve sin. Instead, give yourselves completely to God, for you were dead, but now you have new life. So use your whole body as an instrument to do what is right for the glory of God.
Application
I will strive to live my life today in a way that makes God smile. I will stay away from stupid sins that mess up my relationship with Him.
How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me today make You smile by the way I live. Don't let me do things that make You sad. Help me honor You in my thoughts and my actions. Give me strength to say No to sin when I am tempted. Help the person reading this blog to stay away from sin too. Give them the strength to honor You with his or her body. Keep them away from all sexual sin and help them to walk in victory today!
Daily Bible Reading: Ephesians 1,2,3,4
> I have made it a habit to pray for those who read this blog! I enjoy lifting you and your family up to the Lord in prayer.



No comments: