Monday, December 11, 2017

Let Us Come Boldly To The Throne Of Our Gracious God

Let Us Come Boldly
To The Throne
Of Our Gracious God
Scripture
Hebrews 4
14 So then, since we have a great High Priest who has entered heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to what we believe. 
15 This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same testings we do, yet he did not sin.
16 So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most.
Observation
There is only One reason that you and I can come boldly to the throne of God. His name is Jesus.
Jesus was born as a human being so He could experience death and through His death break the power of the devil, who had the power of death.
Now Jesus is our High Priest and right now He is at the Father's right hand interceding on our behalf.
You and I have a Savior who is constantly praying for us – His name is Jesus!
So lets come boldly to the throne of our gracious God!
Hebrews 2
14 Because God’s children are human beings—made of flesh and blood—the Son also became flesh and blood. For only as a human being could he die, and only by dying could he break the power of the devil, who had the power of death. 15 Only in this way could he set free all who have lived their lives as slaves to the fear of dying.
Hebrews 7
24 But because Jesus lives forever, his priesthood lasts forever.
 25 Therefore he is able, once and forever, to save those who come to God through him. He lives forever to intercede with God on their behalf.
26 He is the kind of high priest we need because he is holy and blameless, unstained by sin. He has been set apart from sinners and has been given the highest place of honor in heaven.
Application
I am able to boldly approach the throne of my Heavenly Father because Jesus is forever interceding with Him on my behalf. How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, when I pray to You I pray with the confidence of knowing that Jesus Christ died and experienced death so that I could be free of the fear of death. Jesus died for me. I know that You hear me when I pray. I know that I can come boldly to Your throne not because I deserve it, but because Jesus paid my way in with His life and gave me 24/7 access to You.
Daily Bible Reading: Philemon; Hebrews 1,2,3,4



No comments: