Saturday, December 02, 2017

Take Your Everyday, Ordinary Life – Your Sleeping, Eating, Going-to-work, And Walking-around life – And Place It Before God As An Offering.

Take Your Everyday, Ordinary Life –
Your Sleeping, Eating, Going-to-work, And Walking-around life –
And Place It Before God As An Offering.
Scripture
Romans 12
1-2 So here’s what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don’t become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You’ll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.
3 Because of the privilege and authority God has given me, I give each of you this warning: Don’t think you are better than you really are. Be honest in your evaluation of yourselves, measuring yourselves by the faith God has given us.
16 Live in harmony with each other. Don’t be too proud to enjoy the company of ordinary people. And don’t think you know it all!
Observation

Don't think you are better than you really are. And don't think you know it all!
Don't be too proud to enjoy the company of ordinary people.
Take your everyday, ordinary life – your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life – and place it before God as an offering!
Live in harmony with each other.
Don’t become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking.
Instead, fix your attention on God.
There is so much for me to apply in Romans 12. How about you?
Application
I will fix my attention on God. What will you do?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, show me how to live in a way that brings You the most glory and the most honor. Help me to enjoy the people that you bring into my life. Don't ever let me think that I am better than someone else.

Daily Bible Reading: Romans 9,10,11,12



No comments: