Tuesday, December 05, 2017

Husbands, Go All Out In Your Love For Your Wives, Exactly As Christ Did For The Church – A Love Marked By Giving, Not Getting.

Husbands, Go All Out In Your Love For Your Wives,
Exactly As Christ Did For The Church –
A Love Marked By Giving, Not Getting.
Scripture
Ephesians 5
22-24 Wives, understand and support your husbands in ways that show your support for Christ. The husband provides leadership to his wife the way Christ does to his church, not by domineering but by cherishing. So just as the church submits to Christ as he exercises such leadership, wives should likewise submit to their husbands.
25-28 Husbands, go all out in your love for your wives, exactly as Christ did for the church—a love marked by giving, not getting. Christ’s love makes the church whole. His words evoke her beauty. Everything he does and says is designed to bring the best out of her, dressing her in dazzling white silk, radiant with holiness. And that is how husbands ought to love their wives. They’re really doing themselves a favor—since they’re already “one” in marriage.
Observation

Smart guys know how to love their wives!

Men, don't you realize that everything that you and I do to show love towards our wives actually benefits us?

Once we get married we are “one” in Christ!

Every sacrifice that you and I make for the woman in our life makes our lives better!

What a fools we are if we are mistreating our wives!

Misery -- is two selfish people trying to live together!

Come on guys … you want a great marriage … then go all out in your love for your wives, exactly as Christ did for the church!

And wives you can help by building up your man and praising him every chance you get!
Application
I will love Kathy the way that Christ loved the church. How will you love your spouse?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to be smart enough to always remember that loving my wife is loving myself too. Don't let me be selfish Lord. Help me love Kathy with Agape love. It is so easy for me to be selfish. I don't even have to work at it. So help me Lord to put Kathy's needs above my own. Show me how to love her. I pray for those reading this blog today. Show them how to love their spouse!
Daily Bible Reading: Ephesians 5,6; Psalms 119:1-80




No comments: