Thursday, March 22, 2018

And A Husband Must Not Divorce His Wife


And A Husband
Must Not
Divorce His Wife
Scripture
1 Corinthians 7
10 To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband. 11 But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife.

Observation

There is a word that every married couple must take out of their vocabulary.
DIVORCE”
This is what Dr. Waylon B. Moore told Kathy and I over 48 years ago. It was some of the best advice we have been given. I remember him saying, “Don't threaten each other with that word, and don't make threats to leave your partner.”
Kathy and I have had our rough moments just like any other couple has but we have never used the “D” word against each other.
I know that even writing about divorce may cause pain and sorrow to those of you who have gone through it, but maybe talking about it today might help someone else avoid what you have gone through.
Satan does not want us to be happily married. He will bring temptation our way to try to mess up our marriage. Don't kid yourself. He will.
Satan wants your children to grow up without the influence of a Mom and Dad madly in love with each other.
If you run out of love for your spouse you don't divorce them … do you get rid of your car because it has run out of gas? No, you fill up the gas tank and keep driving the car. When you run out of love for your mate you should do the same thing … fill up your love tank and stay married.
Having God's love for my spouse is always a choice. It is not a feeling!
The Apostle Paul says, “And a husband must not divorce his wife.”
...Period …
Lets take the “D” word out of our vocabulary!
Application
I will work with couples to help them work through rough spots in their marriage so they can experience a great marriage. How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, You know how I hurt for those going through divorce and for others who are having a difficult time in their marriage. Help them Lord. Show them that divorce is not the answer. I know that You hate divorce. Bring godly people into the lives of those who are struggling with temptation to bring them back to a close relationship with You and back to a close relationship with their mate. Thank You for all the godly people that You placed in our lives who helped us have a strong marriage. I know that You can do the same thing for those who I am praying for and who are on my heart right now.
Daily Bible Reading: Joshua 12,13,14; 1 Corinthians 7



No comments: