Saturday, March 10, 2018

Doing Wrong Is Fun For A Fool


Doing Wrong
Is Fun
For A Fool
Scripture
Proverbs 10
23 Doing wrong is fun for a fool,
    but living wisely brings pleasure to the sensible.
Observation
If doing wrong wasn't pleasurable then Satan wouldn't be able to bait us and tempt us into doing things that are wrong.
A few minutes ago I accepted a friend request of someone that is a friend of one of my Facebook friends and I clicked accept without checking the person's Facebook page out first … I then clicked over to see who I had just accepted a friend request from and ... oh my ... was that a mistake!
I quickly unfriended her because she was not the kind of friend that would have helped me to “live wisely”.
Hopefully the friend on my friend list that had accepted her as his friend did it like I did without first checking her Facebook page out!
Hopefully when he accepted the request it was a mistake and he didn't do it thinking she would actually be a friend.
You and I will always be tempted to cross over the line and sin.
Remember … Sin will take you farther than you want to go, keep you longer than you want to stay, and cost you more than you want to pay.”
Doing wrong is fun for a fool!
Application
I will guard my heart and live wisely. I know that Satan wants me to destroy me. How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, help me not to be foolish. Help me to recognize quickly when I am being tempted to sin. Help me to walk in a way that pleases You. I pray for anyone that may be reading this blog that has yielded to sin. Help them to confess their sin and help them to run away from what they are doing. Give them the strength to stop what they are doing and flee. Help them to live wisely.
Daily Bible Reading: Deuteronomy 13,14,15; Galatians 1; I added Psalm 10, Psalm 40; Proverbs 10



No comments: