Monday, March 05, 2018

You Are Not Far From The Kingdom Of God.


You Are
Not
Far From The Kingdom Of God.
Scripture
Mark 12
28 One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?”
29 “The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.
30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ 31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”
32 “Well said, teacher,” the man replied. “You are right in saying that God is one and there is no other but him. 33 To love him with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices.”
34 When Jesus saw that he had answered wisely, he said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.” And from then on no one dared ask him any more questions.
Observation
I am sure that you have heard the old saying, “Being close doesn't count unless you are playing horseshoes or unless you are throwing hand grenades.”
How close are you from the kingdom of God?
If you were to die today where would you spend Eternity? If you were standing at Heaven's gate and God were to ask you, “Why should I let you into my Heaven” … what would you say to Him?
Maybe you believe in your head that there is a God. Well the Bibles says that even the demons believe that there is a God and they tremble! (James 2:19) Believing in your head, having just a head knowledge about the existence of God is not enough ... you and I must believe in our hearts. Let's not miss Heaven by 18 inches! (The distance from our head to our heart.)
Are you closer now than ever before in believing with all of your heart that Jesus Christ came and died on a cross for you?
God will continue to pursue you. He will continue to bring people into your life who will urge you to put your faith and your trust in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. God loves you.
Listen to His message of love from the people that He sends your way. Trust Him!
John 14:1-6
1 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. 

2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4 You know the way to the place where I am going.”

5 Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”
6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
John 1:12
12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God
John 5:24
24 Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.
Romans 10:9-10,13
9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. … 13 for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.
Application
I will share this Bible story with those at Mission Tampa this morning. How about you? Have you made the decision to trust Jesus with all of your heart?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, You know that it is the desire of my heart that all of the people that read this blog have a personal relationship with You. I pray that everyone of them would open up his or her heart and trust Jesus Christ as their Savior and Lord. I know that You will never give up on them. You will continue pursuing them just like You did me. Thank You for the people that You sent into my life that shared Jesus with me. Help me to do the same for those that you bring into my life. Give me boldness, courage, and the love to be a faithful witness for You.
Daily Bible Reading: Deuteronomy 1,2; Mark 12



No comments: