Friday, March 23, 2018

Anyone Who Claims To Know All The Answers Doesn't Really Know Very Much


Anyone Who Claims
To Know All The Answers
Doesn't Really Know Very Much
Scripture
1 Corinthians 8
1 Now regarding your question about food that has been offered to idols. Yes, we know that “we all have knowledge” about this issue. But while knowledge makes us feel important, it is love that strengthens the church. 2 Anyone who claims to know all the answers doesn’t really know very much. 3 But the person who loves God is the one whom God recognizes.
Observation
Being right all the time is not the most important thing … it is love that strengthens the church! I don't know about you but the older I get the more I realize how much I don't know.

Even if you are right, there are times at least if you are smart, that you don't need to be right. Sometimes your relationship with the person who you are talking to (like your spouse for instance) is way more important than being right. Let it go.
The Apostle Paul's point in chapter 8 of 1 Corinthians is this, “Loving and not offending a weaker brother is more important than being right.”
The argument was over eating meat that had been sacrificed to an idol. Paul said that he knew that meat was just meat and an idol wasn't anything, but if his eating that meat offended someone then he would never eat meat again.
Why … because the person, even though they were wrong, was way more important than food! It is love that strengthens the church.
Who needs to be encouraged and strengthened today? Maybe your spouse?
Application
I will concentrate on encouraging people and not on always being right. How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, the Apostle Paul's word to the church at Corinth is a good word for me today. Help me to focus on the person and not on winning an argument or always having to be right. Show me who I can encourage and who I can build up in the faith. Don't let me have a critical spirit. I pray for those recovering from surgery. Heal them Lord. I pray for those who are sick and who are dealing with pain. Ease their pain Lord. You are an awesome God. Nothing is too hard for You.
I pray for my brother Rick today on his birthday. Bless him Lord. May Your face shine brightly on him today with Your favor. Encourage him today on this very special day! Thank You for letting me be both his brother in Christ and his brother in the flesh!
Daily Bible Reading: Joshua 15,16,17; 1 Corinthians 8



No comments: