Wednesday, March 21, 2018

The Sun Stopped In The Middle Of The Day And Delayed Going Down About A Full Day


The Sun Stopped In The Middle Of The Day
And Delayed Going Down
About A Full Day
Scripture
Joshua 10
12 On the day the Lord gave the Amorites over to Israel, Joshua said to the Lord in the presence of Israel:
Sun, stand still over Gibeon,
    and you, moon, over the Valley of Aijalon.”
13 So the sun stood still,
    and the moon stopped,
    till the nation avenged itself on its enemies,
as it is written in the Book of Jashar.
The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day. 
14 There has never been a day like it before or since, a day when the Lord listened to a human being. Surely the Lord was fighting for Israel!
Observation
The God I serve can do anything He wants.
He can make the sun and the moon stand still … which He spoke into creation in the first place! Nothing is too hard for Him. Nothing!
You know when I think about serving a God that can part the Red Sea so that His children can walk across in safety on dry land, stop the Jordan river so they can walk across on dry land, miraculously provide food for them for 40 years and clothes and sandals that never wore out (Deut. 29:5), there is no doubt in my mind that my God can and will take care of me!
He can take care of you too. Trust Him!
Application
I will put my faith and my trust totally in the One who created me. How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I have personally experienced Your mighty miraculous power in my life. I will never forget what You did when You brought me from death back to life. I serve a mighty God. Nothing is too hard for You. I pray today for those going through difficult circumstances. Show them Your mighty power. I pray for healing for those who are sick. I pray for those struggling financially. And I pray for those who need relationships restored. Nothing is too hard for You. Thank You for showing me that I can call on You and You hear me and You will answer my requests!
Daily Bible Reading: Joshua 9,10,11; 1 Corinthians 6



No comments: