Monday, March 26, 2018

Follow My Example As I Follow The Example Of Christ.


Follow My Example
As I
Follow The Example Of Christ.
Scripture
I Corinthians 11
1 Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ.
Observation

What kind of example are you and I setting for those around us? Are we actually saying, “Do what I say, but son or daughter please don't do what I am doing.” 

Are there contradictions in what we say we believe and how we are living our lives? 

I have up on my refrigerator this saying, “Practicing integrity means that your behavior must match your beliefs.” 

As a follower of Jesus Christ it is so important for me to strive to be an example to my children, my grandchildren, and all of those around me. 

It is true that all of us are sinners. We are all broken, but we should strive to live our lives as examples that people can follow. 

How are we doing with that?
Application
I will watch out for stupid sins that would mess up my life and that would cause me to be a bad example for people to follow. How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to be able to say as the Apostle Paul said in 1 Corinthians 11, “Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ.” Show me anything that I am doing that makes You sad. Don't let me yield to temptation today. Give me the strength to live today in a way that pleases You. I pray for any one reading this blog today, but especially for any men. Help them to set the example of to live the Christian life for those within their circle of influence. Help these men to say no to sin.
Daily Bible Reading: Joshua 23,24; Psalms 44; 1 Corinthians 11



No comments: