Sunday, March 04, 2018

Don't Get Sidetracked


Don't
Get
Sidetracked
Scripture
Proverbs 4
25 Look straight ahead,
    and fix your eyes on what lies before you.

26 Mark out a straight path for your feet;
    stay on the safe path.

27 Don’t get sidetracked;
    keep your feet from following evil.
Observation
I don't know about you but the least little thing these days can get me sidetracked. I start to do something but then get sidetracked and start doing something else.
You might have that same problem too.
But what the writer of Proverbs is warning us about is something a lot more serious than that.
We have an enemy and his name is Satan.
He wants to distract us, bait us, entice us, and get us totally sidetracked from serving the Lord. He wants to destroy us and our family.
And he uses things that are attractive and enticing to do his work. The Bible warns us over and over and over again to look out for his clever schemes.
If there was no pleasure in sin, if sin was not attractive and enjoyable it would not get us sidetracked so easily.
So true the quote that says, Sin will take you farther than you want to go, keep you longer than you want to stay, and cost you more than you want to pay.”
Don't get sidetracked!
Application
I will keep my eyes straight ahead and keep them fixed on the Lord. How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that all that the world has to offer me will never compare to the joy of walking in obedience with You. Don't let me yield to temptation. Keep me from sin. Don't let me get sidetracked. I pray for anyone that may be reading this blog today. Help them to be strong in the Lord. Help them say no to sin and yes to You. Help all of us to walk in a way that brings You glory and honor.
Daily Bible Reading: Numbers 34,35,36; Mark 11 … I added Psalm 4, Psalm 34; Proverbs 4



No comments: