Wednesday, March 28, 2018

No Matter What I Say, What I Believe, And What I Do, I'm Bankrupt Without Love.


No Matter What I Say,
What I Believe, And What I Do,
I'm Bankrupt Without Love.
Scripture
1 Corinthians 13
3-7 … So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I’m bankrupt without love.
Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn’t want what it doesn’t have.
Love doesn’t strut,
Doesn’t have a swelled head,
Doesn’t force itself on others,
Isn’t always “me first,”
Doesn’t fly off the handle,
Doesn’t keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn’t revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.
Observation
I love this chapter of the Bible! I thought I would share with you the MESSAGE paraphrase this morning. This is what jumped out at me as I read 1 Corinthians 13! ...
Love cares more for others than for self. Love isn't always “me first”. Love always looks for the best. Love puts up with anything!”
If you want to know how to keep your marriage vibrant … here it is … put into practice everyday the love that is described in I Corinthians 13!
You might say to me, “Well Eddy it takes two people to make a great marriage!” And that is very true, but I say practice loving your spouse with 1 Corinthians 13 kind of love and watch what happens!
Look out!
Application
I will love Kathy with the kind of love described in 1 Corinthians 13 love!
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I fall short so often in my role as a good husband. I don't treat Kathy 100 % of the time with the love that You describe in 1 Corinthians 13. Help me to be a better husband. I know and You know that I can do better. I pray for those who are having a rough time right now in their marriage. Show them how to love their spouse with the Agape love that is described in 1 Corinthians 13.

Daily Bible Reading: Judges 4,5; Psalm 39,41; 1 Corinthians 13



No comments: