Thursday, March 29, 2018

For God Is Not A God Of Disorder But Of Peace


For God
Is Not A God Of Disorder
But Of Peace
Scripture
1 Corinthians 14
33 For God is not a God of disorder but of peace, as in all the meetings of God’s holy people.
Observation
1 Corinthians 13 is sandwiched in between 1 Corinthians 12 and 1 Corinthians 14 for a good reason! Both 1 Corinthians 12 and 1 Corinthians 14 talk about spiritual gifts and how important it is to use them to correctly. You and I should use our spiritual gift(s) in a way that builds up the body of Christ. There is a tendency or at least a constant danger of misusing our spiritual gift(s) to draw attention to ourselves. So whether we preach or sing or teach or greet or serve in any way lets do it with humility and with a servant heart! The way we act while we are in church and even the way we dress for church should not be done to draw attention to ourselves. “Let love be your highest goal!”
Application
I serve an Audience of One. How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, it seems that every good and perfect gift that You give us we have a way of messing it up. It is so easy to serve in a way that brings attention to me and not to You. Help me to serve people with a pure heart. Help me to serve in the right way pleasing You and not worrying about drawing attention to myself. You are to be glorified through my life. Help people see more of Jesus in me and less of me.
Daily Bible Reading: Judges 6,7; Psalms 52; 1 Corinthians 14



No comments: