Sunday, March 11, 2018

You Have Seen Me Tossing And Turning Through The Night.


You 
Have Seen Me
Tossing And Turning Through The Night.
Scripture
Psalm 56

You keep track of all my sorrows.
    You have collected all my tears in your bottle.
    You have recorded each one in your book (NLT)


8 You have seen me tossing and turning through the night. You have collected all my tears and preserved them in your bottle! You have recorded every one in your book. Psalm 56:8 (Living)
Observation
Our God cares about us and He is not going to waste a hurt!
 You have seen me tossing and turning through the night. You have collected all my tears and preserved them in your bottle! You have recorded every one in your book. Psalm 56:8 Living

Woke up this morning with too much stuff on my mind so after much tossing and turning I finally decided just to get up and have my devotional time a little earlier than usual. 

Interesting that I should just happen to read Psalm 56:8 this morning!

It reminds me of Psalm 139:17-18

How precious it is, Lord, to realize that you are thinking about me constantly! I can’t even count how many times a day your thoughts turn toward me.  And when I waken in the morning, you are still thinking of me!”

 When I am tossing and turning during the night God is thinking about me. And when I wake up He is still thinking about me! 

Wow! God is so good. 
Application
I will give my burdens to the Lord today because He cares about me.
Psalm 55:22, 1 Peter 5:7
Prayer

O Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me. You know when I sit or stand. When far away you know my every thought. You chart the path ahead of me and tell me where to stop and rest. Every moment you know where I am.  

You know what I am going to say before I even say it. You both precede and follow me and place your hand of blessing on my head.

This is too glorious, too wonderful to believe! I can never be lost to your Spirit! I can never get away from my God! If I go up to heaven, you are there; if I go down to the place of the dead, you are there. If I ride the morning winds to the farthest oceans, 10 even there your hand will guide me, your strength will support me.  

11 If I try to hide in the darkness, the night becomes light around me. 12 For even darkness cannot hide from God; to you the night shines as bright as day. Darkness and light are both alike to you. 

17-18 How precious it is, Lord, to realize that you are thinking about me constantly! I can’t even count how many times a day your thoughts turn toward me. And when I waken in the morning, you are still thinking of me! Amen
Daily Bible Reading:  Deuteronomy 16,17,18; Psalms 38; Galatians 2 ...  I added Psalm 52-56, 139
Originally written March 11, 2015




No comments: