Monday, March 12, 2018

Worry Weighs A Person Down; An Encouraging Word Cheers A Person Up.


Worry
Weighs A Person Down;
An Encouraging Word Cheers A Person Up.
Scripture
Proverbs 12
25 Worry weighs a person down;
    an encouraging word cheers a person up.
Observation
It is Monday and maybe, just maybe, you need a little encouragement this morning as you face this new week!
As I read God's Word every day the one thing that I know for sure, is that every morning God's Word is going to give me hope and encouragement as I face the new day that is ahead of me.
The most encouraging thing that I could tell you to do today is open up that Bible of yours and dive into God's Word! You and I have a mission today and that mission is to cheer someone else up that has let worry weigh them down.
You and I have a powerful weapon – it is our words – lets use them to build someone up today.
Lets encourage somebody – lets take the time to write a note and mail it to someone that needs encouragement. Lets use a text message, email, a phone call or a personal visit to cheer someone up!
It is a simple task – it is just an encouraging word … it will only take a few moments … but life changing to someone who needs a touch of encouragement! We can do this!
Application
I will look for being who need to be encouraged and I will do my best to encourage them. How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me encourage someone today. I know that as I go to volunteer at Mission Tampa today I will meet people who are emotionally down and discouraged. Life is tough. I realize that what I say and how I say it can make all the difference today to someone who is depressed and discouraged. Give me the right words to say to them. I pray for anyone reading this blog today who finds himself or herself discouraged and weighed down with worry. Show them that they can trust in You. Bring people into their life today to encourage them. Lift their spirits Lord. Give them hope!
Daily Bible Reading: Deuteronomy 19,20,21; Galatians 3 ... I added Psalm 12, Psalm 42, Proverbs 12





No comments: