Tuesday, March 20, 2018

You Must Not Associate With Anyone Who Claims To Be A Brother Or Sister But Is Sexually Immoral Or Greedy, An Idolater Or Slanderer, A Drunkard, Or Swindler


You Must Not Associate With Anyone Who Claims
To Be A Brother Or Sister But Is Sexually Immoral
Or Greedy, An Idolater Or Slanderer, A Drunkard, Or Swindler
Scripture
1 Corinthians 5
I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— 

10 not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. 

11 But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister  but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people.

12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?13 God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you.”
Observation
My behavior matters if I am a follower of Christ … the Apostle Paul draws a clear distinction between the people of the world and the followers of Jesus Christ.
Our culture today is influencing us in the church to not address sexual immorality when it happens within the body of Christ. But I think it must be addressed.
I believe that it is our responsibility to warn brothers and sisters in Christ when they ignore the guardrails and boundaries that God has established in His Word about our sexuality and our behavior.
The Apostle Paul makes it clear that he is not talking about the people of the world – Paul says What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? God will judge those outside.”
How I live my life matters to God and so does yours!
Application
How I live my life matters to God! I need to maintain the guardrails/boundaries in my life to make sure that the way I live pleases my God. How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, no matter how someone wants to try to justify adultery, fornication, and any other kind of sexual immorality, Your Word clearly tells me and them that it is wrong.
I pray for those close to me who seem to think that You are going to look the other way as they continue in sexual immorality. I pray that You rescue them from where they are at. And as I read this passage I am reminded that I too could commit any of the sins that You mention in 1 Corinthians 5:9-10.
Help me to walk close to You. Don't let me yield and do those stupid sins that mess up my fellowship with You. Rescue those caught in sexual sins … before it causes more harm to them and more harm to those who love them.
Daily Bible Reading: Joshua 7,8; Psalms 69; 1 Corinthians 5




No comments: