Thursday, March 01, 2018

But Who Do You Say I Am? Peter Replied, “You Are The Messiah.”


But Who Do You Say
I Am?
Peter Replied, “You Are The Messiah.”
Scripture
Mark 8
27 Jesus and his disciples left Galilee and went up to the villages near Caesarea Philippi. As they were walking along, he asked them, “Who do people say I am?”
28 “Well,” they replied, “some say John the Baptist, some say Elijah, and others say you are one of the other prophets.”
29 Then he asked them, “But who do you say I am?”
Peter replied, “You are the Messiah.
Observation
Who is Jesus to you? Who is Jesus?
The Jewish nation waited on the Messiah to come and deliver them from their Roman oppression. When Jesus came and began His ministry many believed in Him as the Messiah, the Christ, the Anointed One, the Chosen One, but many rejected Him. They looked for a different kind of deliverer.
Jesus of Nazareth was and is the prophesied Messiah.
All through the New Testament, we see proof that Jesus is the Chosen One: “These [miracles] are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name” John 20:31
Our battle today is between to kingdoms: The kingdom of self and the Kingdom of God. Jesus came to save you and me from our biggest enemy – me, myself, and I!
Romans 7
24 Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin and death? 25 Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord. ...
Matthew 6:33
But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be provided for you.
John 3:16
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Matthew 6
10 May your Kingdom come soon.
May your will be done on earth,
    as it is in heaven.
Application
I will focus and think more on the Kingdom of God than the little kingdom of me, myself, and I. How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that You have called us to a Kingdom that has no limits. Your Kingdom has resources that never run out and has unlimited power. I know that followers of the Lord Jesus Christ are the most powerful people on this planet because we have You living in us. Help us to be powerful and effective today in all that we do. Guide me and direct me today. Show me what You want me to do. Put me in the path of someone today who needs to hear about You or who needs to be encouraged. You are the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords. No One is mighty like You.

Daily Bible Reading: Numbers 28,29; Mark 8



No comments: