Tuesday, February 27, 2018

It Is What Comes From Inside That Defiles You


It Is What
Comes From Inside
That Defiles You
Scripture
Mark 7
20 And then he added, “It is what comes from inside that defiles you. 
21 For from within, out of a person’s heart, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, 
22 adultery, greed, wickedness, deceit, lustful desires, envy, slander, pride, and foolishness. 
23 All these vile things come from within; they are what defile you.”
Observation
We are our biggest problem! Don't blame your problems on someone else!
My biggest problem is me, myself, and I.
And you are your biggest problem too!
Kathy's Dad used to say, “when you point your finger at someone you have 3 fingers pointing back at you.” Lets not try to blame our sin on someone else.
Garbage in … garbage out. You and I are broken. We are sinners in need of a Savior.
Lets guard our hearts because whatever we let into our hearts will come out. Just look at the list of evil stuff that can come out of our hearts ... Mark 7:21-22!
Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life. Proverbs 4:23
Jeremiah 17:9
The human heart is the most deceitful of all things,
    and desperately wicked.
    Who really knows how bad it is?
Application
I will guard my heart. How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, it is easy to try to make excuses for my sin and it is easy for me to try to blame someone else. Help me to own up to my sin and confess them as I commit them. Don't ever let me continue to live in sin. You are my Savior. I have been bought with a high price. Help me to live in a way that pleases You.
Daily Bible Reading: Numbers 21,22,23; Mark 6,7


No comments: