Tuesday, February 13, 2018

But My Life Is Worth Nothing To Me Unless I Use It For Finishing The Work Assigned Me By The Lord Jesus –

But My Life Is Worth Nothing To Me
Unless I Use It For Finishing
The Work Assigned Me By The Lord Jesus –
Scripture
Acts 20
24 But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus—the work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God.
Observation
Meaning and purpose in life, it is not something you and I are going to find in a bigger newer house, a finer sleeker car, a top of the line fishing boat, a new set of golf clubs, a new spouse or a new girl friend or boy friend.
For my life and your life to have the value that God intended for it to have we need to be doing the work that God assigned for us to do.
The Apostle Paul knew what life was all about and he knew that it had nothing to do with material upgrades or the changing of a relationship.
The focus of our lives needs to be on what God has called us to do – it is so easy for us (or at least it is easy for me) to get distracted by either materialism or sidetracked by some sin that we have said yes to, and we can quickly forget about what gives our lives meaning and purpose.
God has given us a message to share with everyone; it was Paul's life message and this message needs to be our message too: “everyone must turn away from their sins to God. They must have faith in our Lord Jesus.” (Acts 20:21 Eddy paraphrase)
Philippians 1:20b
“… And I trust that my life will bring honor to Christ, whether I live or die.”
Philippians 1
20 For I fully expect and hope that I will never be ashamed, but that I will continue to be bold for Christ, as I have been in the past. And I trust that my life will bring honor to Christ, whether I live or die. 

21 For to me, living means living for Christ, and dying is even better.

Application
I will strive to keep the main thing the main thing which is telling people about Jesus Christ! How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I appreciate how You have provided for our physical needs. We are blessed. Help me to focus on my calling and not focus on things that You have already promised to take care of me for me. Keep me away from stupid sins that would sideline me from being a witness for you. 
I pray for Christians who are right now living in sin. I pray that they would repent and turn back to You and once again be able to share Your message of salvation with others. Don't let them remain where they are at. Bring them back, Lord. Bring them back to a right relationship with You and back to a right relationship with those who love them.
Daily Bible Reading: Leviticus 20,21,22; Acts 20



No comments: