Monday, February 19, 2018

May The Lord Bless You And Protect You. May The Lord Smile On You And Be Gracious To You. May The Lord Show His Favor And Give You His Peace.

May The Lord Bless You And Protect You.
May The Lord Smile On You And Be Gracious To You.
May The Lord Show His Favor And Give You His Peace.
Scripture
Numbers 6
24 ‘May the Lord bless you
    and protect you.
25 May the Lord smile on you
    and be gracious to you.
26 May the Lord show you his favor
    and give you his peace.’
Observation
Read the Bible and you will discover that when a blessing is prayed for someone God hears and responds every time. It is so important that we pray blessings over our spouse and over our children. And it is so easy to do! “Bless them Lord. Protect them Lord. Smile on them Lord. Be gracious to them Lord. Show Your favor on them Lord and give them peace.” God wants to bless them. He wants us to ask Him to bless them. Why not pray a blessing over your spouse and over your children before they start their day! Doesn't need to be a long prayer, in fact, it is probably better to keep it short and sweet. But pray the blessing out loud so that they can hear it. Guys, your wife and your kids need to hear you pray!
Application
I will pray this prayer of blessing for everyone that happens to read my blog today and I will pray this blessing for my wife and for my children and grandchildren. How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I know that You hear me when I pray. This morning I want to pray this blessing for anyone that may be reading this blog. And I pray this blessing for my wife, my children, and my grandchildren: “Lord, bless them and protect them. Lord, smile on them and be gracious to them. Show them Your favor and give them Your peace.”

Daily Bible Reading: Numbers 5,6; Psalms 22; Acts 26



No comments: