Friday, February 16, 2018

Better To Be Patient Than Powerful; Better To Have Self-Control Than To Conquer A City.

Better To Be Patient Than Powerful;
Better
To Have Self-Control Than To Conquer A City.
Scripture
Proverbs 16
32 Better to be patient than powerful;
    better to have self-control than to conquer a city.

Observation

As I read this morning this verse jumped out at me … probably because I need work in both of these areas: Patience and Self-control!

Proverbs 16:32 tells us just how important it is for us to have both. As I was reading and looking up verses on patience and self-control I discovered Titus 2:2 and it says that self-control or at least putting self-control into practice is something that can be learned.

So there is hope for all of us!

Have you realized that there are some things that you just cannot fix?

There are things that are beyond our control. I have some relationships in my life right now that are in desperate need of being mended, but at the moment I can't fix them.

I have to be patient. I have to practice self-control and I have to wait for God to work.

For you maybe it is not a relationship problem, maybe it is your health or maybe it is the health of a loved one. You can't fix it.

You too have to be patient and wait for God to work.

Galatians 5:22-23
But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!
Proverbs 25:28
A person without self-control is like a city with broken-down walls.
Titus 2:2
Teach the older men to exercise self-control, to be worthy of respect, and to live wisely. They must have sound faith and be filled with love and patience.
Application
I will practice patience. I will practice self-control in the areas of my life that are beyond my ability to fix! How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, You know me better than anyone else knows me. You know where I need to trust You more. You know all about the relationships that I want mended and You know that I am trying to be patient. You know that I am trying to wait on You to work. Help me to have the self-control I need to be able to please You. I know that both patience and self-control are the Fruit of Your Holy Spirit that should be on display in my life.
I pray for anyone that may read this blog today that is out of patience and who is losing self-control because of a relationship that has gone south or their health or the health of a loved one is not good! Show them that they can depend on You. Show them that they just need to be patient. Give them self-control!
Daily Bible Reading: Leviticus 26,27; Acts 23; Psalm 16, Psalm 46; Proverbs 16



No comments: