Sunday, February 11, 2018

Those Who Refresh Others Will Themselves Be Refreshed

Those Who Refresh
Others
Will Themselves Be Refreshed
Scripture
Proverbs 11
24 Give freely and become more wealthy;
    be stingy and lose everything.

25 The generous will prosper;
    those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed.

Observation

Who needs a visit from us this week? Who needs an encouraging note from us sent via “snail mail” this week?

The very least that we can do is send them an email or a text message or take time to give them a call to encourage them.

And it is not just for their benefit it is for ours.

God has wired us, He has designed us to do good deeds.

So lets get out there and do some random acts of kindness for the people that God brings to our mind or brings across our path!

Hebrews 13:16
And don’t forget to do good and to share with those in need. These are the sacrifices that please God.
1 Corinthians 10:24
Don’t be concerned for your own good but for the good of others.
Titus 2:4
He gave his life to free us from every kind of sin, to cleanse us, and to make us his very own people, totally committed to doing good deeds.
Hebrews 10:24
24 Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works.
Application
I will write an encouraging note to someone this week. I will make a visit to someone that needs encouraging. How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me this week be Your Hands and Your Feet. Use me this week to encourage someone that needs to be lifted up. Don't let me think only about myself. Help me focus on the needs of the people around me. I pray for anyone that may be reading this blog this morning. Help them to be Your ministers. Show them who they can encourage. Show them where to go and who to see. Help us all be totally committed to doing good deeds!
Daily Bible Reading: Leviticus 15,16,17; Acts 18; I added Psalm 11, Psalm 41, Proverbs 11



No comments: