Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Then The Lord Ordered The Fish To Spit Jonah Out Onto The Beach.

Then The Lord
Ordered The Fish
To Spit Jonah Out Onto The Beach.
Scripture
Jonah 1
17 Now the Lord had arranged for a great fish to swallow Jonah. And Jonah was inside the fish for three days and three nights.
Jonah 2
10 Then the Lord ordered the fish to spit Jonah out onto the beach.
Observation
I know that this is a strange love story for Valentine's Day, but it is a love story. The Bible is full of love stories. In fact, the Bible is one big story of God's unfailing love for you and for me.
God loves us. God pursues us with His unfailing love.
What will it take for the Lord to get our attention? Will it take a 3 days sloshing around in the belly of a great fish experience? What is it going to take for you and me?
Jonah spent 3 days sloshing around in the digestive fluids of that great fish before he finally prayed and cried “uncle”.
What will it take for you to surrender? God loves us. And just like in the case of Jonah, God has a plan for our lives too!
Why not take the time to read the entire story about Jonah. It is only 4 chapters long and will only take you a few minutes!
Application
I am glad that God didn't give up on me. How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, You were teaching Jonah a lesson about Your unconditional love for both him and Your love for the people of Nineveh. I know that You love me, but I also know that You have the same love for all the people that live around me. You love us just like we are, but I know that You love me way too much to let me stay the way I am. Everyday You are making me more and more like Jesus!
I pray for those reading this blog that may not feel loved. Maybe because of a messed up relationship, or maybe because of failing health they just don't feel loved. Give them strength. May they sense Your love today. Encourage them through Your Word and send people into their lives to lift them up. You are a mighty God. Nothing is too hard for You!
Daily Bible Reading: Leviticus 23,24; Psalms 24; Acts 21 … I added Psalm 14, Psalm 44; Proverbs 14; Jonah 2



No comments: