Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Because The Lord Is My Shepherd I Have All That I Need.

Because The Lord
Is My Shepherd
I Have All That I Need.
Scripture
Psalm 23
Because the Lord is my Shepherd,
I have everything I need!
Observation

We will never have all that we need until God is enough!
Even as great of a husband as I am to Kathy (I am joking) I will never be enough to meet all of her needs. And even as great of a wife as Kathy is to me (and she really is the best …) she will never be enough to meet all of my needs.
Only God can take care of all of our needs.
New car … new house … new girl friend/boy friend … or new spouse … none of those things or anything else is ever going to take care of what is missing in our life.
No “one” or “no thing” will ever be enough for us, until God is enough.
Application
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have all that I need. He is enough. How about you … Is God enough?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, You are enough. Because You are my Shepherd I have everything that I need. I know that I cannot look to Kathy and expect her to meet needs that only You can meet in my life. Help me to trust in You with all of my heart and to not lean on my own understanding. Help me to be content. Thank You for being so good to me. I am so blessed.
I pray for those going through rough times. Help them to see that they can count on You. Show them that no matter what they are going through that if they will trust You, You will be enough.
Daily Bible Reading: Numbers 7; Psalms 23; Acts 27



No comments: