Monday, February 12, 2018

Thoughtless Words Can Wound As Deeply As Any Sword

Thoughtless Words
Can Wound
As Deeply As Any Sword
Scripture
Proverbs 12:18 NCV
Careless words stab like a sword, but wise words bring healing.
Proverbs 12:18 GNT
Thoughtless words can wound as deeply as any sword, but wisely spoken words can heal.
Observation

Our words can be a powerful weapon and just a deadly as a knife, a sword, or a bullet.

Our words can slice and dice and deeply wound.

Our words can build up our spouse and our children, or our words can beat them down and destroy them. We can use our words to build someone up or we can misuse our words to tear someone down.

Your spouse or that significant other in your life and your children need encouragement from you more than from anyone else.

Lets think about how we talk … lets take time to listen to what comes out of our mouth … let's listen to our words, and let's listen to the tone of our words!

And let's quickly say when we say something hurtful, “I love you. I am sorry. Will you forgive me?”
Proverbs 12:25
Worry weighs a person down;  an encouraging word cheers a person up.
Psalm 19:14
14 May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.
1 Thessalonians 5:11
So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing.
Proverbs 16:24
Kind words are like honey— sweet to the soul and healthy for the body.
Psalm 52:2,4
All day long you plot destruction. Your tongue cuts like a sharp razor; you’re an expert at telling lies. You love to destroy others with your words, you liar!
Psalm 64:3
They sharpen their tongues like swords and aim their bitter words like arrows.
Application
I will watch what I say and how I say it! How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, You know that I have been guilty of using my words as a weapon to sometimes hurt the ones that I love the most instead of using them to encourage and build people up. Help me to guard what I say. Help me to be slow to speak and help me to be careful with what comes out of my mouth. Help me encourage and discourage. Help me to build up and not tear down those who are closest to me. May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to You.
Daily Bible Reading: Leviticus 18,19; Psalms 13; Acts 19 … I added Psalm 12; Psalm 42; Proverbs 12



No comments: