Thursday, February 15, 2018

A Bowl Of Vegetables With Someone You Love Is Better Than Steak With Someone You Hate

A Bowl Of Vegetables With Someone You Love
Is Better
Than Steak With Someone You Hate
Scripture
Proverbs 15
17 A bowl of vegetables with someone you love
    is better than steak with someone you hate.
Observation
I hope you were able to celebrate Valentine's Day with someone special this Valentine's Day!
Kathy and I celebrated Valentine's Day on Tuesday instead of yesterday.
Proverbs 15:17 made me think about our Valentine's meal and even though we didn't have a bowl of vegetables we didn't go out to an expensive restaurant either.
I set up a small card table up in our backyard. Kathy put a Valentine tablecloth on the card table and we ate what I cooked. We had steak sandwiches and onion rings by candle light and we topped off the meal with some coffee, cupcakes and ice cream.
What made the dinner special was not the food; it was the person that I got to share the meal with!
Let's take time to enjoy the people that God has placed in your life!
John 13:34
So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. 
1 Thessalonians 3:12
And may the Lord make your love for one another and for all people grow and overflow, just as our love for you overflows.
Hebrews 10:24
Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works.
Application
I will enjoy being with the people that God has placed in my life … especially time with my wife.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank You for being so good to me. I have the best wife on the planet. She is the best! I pray for her right now. Bless her Lord. Give her strength today to put up with me.
I pray for those reading this blog who might be neglecting his or her spouse or maybe they feel neglected by their spouse. Maybe they have been taking their spouse for granted and maybe their love for each other has grown cold. Show them how to love their spouse in a way that pleases You. Help them to put the “Wow” back into their marriage. Help them to re-kindle the fire in their relationship! Bring fun back into their lives again!
Daily Bible Reading: Leviticus 25; Psalms 25,26; Acts 22 … I added Psalm 15, Psalm 45; Proverbs 15



No comments: