Sunday, February 18, 2018

I Love You, Lord; You Are My Strength

I Love You,
Lord;
You Are My Strength
Scripture
1 I love you, Lord;
    you are my strength.

2 The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior;
    my God is my rock, in whom I find protection.

He is my shield, the power that saves me,
    and my place of safety.
Observation
As I pray for some of you, one of the things that I pray for is that God would be your strength.
I know that for many of us these days are difficult. I can't imagine going through what some of you are going through and dealing with what some of you are having to deal with, and yet I know that all of us face things in our lives that leave us with no strength.
The struggles of life have a way of depleting our strength!
Life here on earth was never meant to be lived out on our own and in our own strength. God created us.
He has designed us to be dependent on Him, yes, dependent on His strength, dependent on mighty power, His energy and on His unlimited resources.
Weak. Depleted. Defeated. … then Psalm 18 is just the Psalm for you!
Isaiah 49:29
He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless.
Psalm 18:29
In your strength I can crush an army; with my God I can scale any wall.
Psalm 28:7
The Lord is my strength and shield. I trust him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.
Philippians 4:13
Christ gives me the strength to face anything.
Application
As I pray for those going through rough times I will pray that God will be their strength. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray for my friends who are facing difficult circumstances. Some of them are struggling with health problems or facing the failing health of a loved one. I pray for them right now. Lord, give them strength. I pray for those who are dealing with problems in their marriage. Help them Lord. Give them strength. Show them that You are enough! Show them that they can rely on You.
Daily Bible Reading: Numbers 3,4; Acts 25; I added ... Psalm 18, Psalm 48; Proverbs 18



No comments: