Thursday, February 08, 2018

But I Confess My Sins; I Am Deeply Sorry For What I Have Done.

But I Confess My Sins;
I Am Deeply Sorry
For What I Have Done.
Scripture
Psalm 38
18 But I confess my sins;
    I am deeply sorry for what I have done.
Observation
All of us are sinners, maybe you sin less than me, maybe I sin more than you, but we are both sinners. And it only takes one sin to break all of God's law (James 2:10).
So what is sin?
Sin is anything that we do that does not please God. Sin is also not doing something that we know we should do … the sin of omission. James 4:17 Remember, it is sin to know what you ought to do and then not do it.”
So what is the answer to our sin problem?
Psalm 38:18 gives us our answer … we should confess our sins to God and we should be deeply sorry for what we have done!
If you are struggling with something in your life and you just can't seem to get victory over a particular sin then I suggest joining a Celebrate Recovery group and surround yourself with people that love you and that will help you and will hold you accountable.
Just google Celebrate Recovery and find one that meets close to where you live.
Our church, Christ Fellowship has Celebrate Recovery at 5pm on Sundays. They would love to help you have victory over any hurts, hangups, or habits that you might be struggling with!
Application
I will try to help my brothers and sisters in Christ when I see them struggling with sin. I realize that I too am a sinner. It is my place to help them and not judge them.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for giving us the Psalms to read. King David struggled with sin just like we do. He cried out to You for forgiveness just like we should. Help me to follow his example and confess my sins when I commit them. Break my heart Lord with what breaks Yours. Keep me walking close to You and far from sin.
Daily Bible Reading: Leviticus 7,8,9; Acts 15; … I added Psalm 8, Psalm 38; Proverbs 8



No comments: