Friday, February 23, 2018

Seventy Years Are Given To Us! Some Even Live To Eighty. ... Teach Us To Realize The Brevity Of Life.

Seventy Years Are Given To Us!
Some Even Live To Eighty. ...
Teach Us To Realize The Brevity Of Life.
Scripture
Psalm 90
10 Seventy years are given to us!
    Some even live to eighty.
But even the best years are filled with pain and trouble;
    soon they disappear, and we fly away.
12 Teach us to realize the brevity of life,
    so that we may grow in wisdom.
Observation
Moses is said to have written Psalm 90. Now Moses lived way beyond the 70 and 80 years mentioned in his Psalm, but what he said is very true for us today.
Life is so short.
Very few of us will live into our 80's and 90's and if we do even the best of those years will be filled with pain and trouble for most of us.
I had lunch yesterday with Pastor Rapley Armstrong. Pastor Rapley is 91 years young! And even though he pushes a walker to keep his balance Rapley's mind is sharp as a tack!
As we talked yesterday he remembered that my best friend in high school was killed in Vietnam. How could he remember that! Amazing!
Pastor Rapley and Pastor Waylon B. Moore are both 91 and are both men of God to be admired.
You and I are probably not going to live to be 91 years of age … and even if we do our lives will still be very short in light of Eternity!
Lets make the most of today … there is no guarantee about tomorrow!
Application
I will make the most of today. How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank You for the men of God that You have brought into my life. Thank You for surrounding me with godly people. Help me to take advantage of today. Don't let me waste it. Show me what You would have me to do today. Guide and direct me. Help me to live out this day in a way that makes You smile.
Daily Bible Reading: Numbers 12,13; Psalms 90; Mark 2



No comments: