Sunday, February 04, 2018

May The Words Of My Mouth And The Meditation Of My Heart Be Pleasing To You.

May The Words Of My Mouth
And The Meditation Of My Heart
Be Pleasing To You.
Scripture
Psalm 19
12 How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart?
    Cleanse me from these hidden faults.
13 Keep your servant from deliberate sins!
    Don’t let them control me.
Then I will be free of guilt
    and innocent of great sin.
14 May the words of my mouth
    and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing to you,
    O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.
Observation

Our words can be weapons.

I know how mean I have been at times and how hurtful some of my words have been that have come out of my mouth. Don't act shocked.

If you were to be honest with me you have probably blurted out some hateful hurtful ugly remarks as well.

Those words come from our sinful hearts.

What could possibly be worse than our ugly words … the meditation of our hearts, what we think about when we are not walking close to the Lord.

All of it starts in our hearts before it comes out of our mouths. So join me today in making Psalm 19:12-14 our prayer!
Application
I am asking God to keep me away from deliberate stupid sins. I am asking Him to help me to say things and think about things that please Him and to help me to say things that will build someone up and not tear them down or harm them or destroy them. How about You?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, how can I know all the sins lurking in my heart? Cleanse me from these hidden faults. Keep your servant from deliberate sins! Don’t let them control me. Then I will be free of guilt and innocent of great sin. May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer. Help me use my words to build people up and to encourage them.
I pray for anyone that may be reading this blog today. Give them the strength to put these verses into practice. Help us to please You with what we say and what we think about! Help us to encourage someone today!
Daily Bible Reading: Exodus 37,38; Psalms 19; Acts 11



No comments: