Saturday, February 24, 2018

He Who Guards Your Soul Knows You Knew.

He Who Guards Your Soul
Knows
You Knew.
Scripture
Proverbs 24
12 Don’t excuse yourself by saying, “Look, we didn’t know.”
    For God understands all hearts, and he sees you.
He who guards your soul knows you knew.
    He will repay all people as their actions deserve.
Observation

One of our prayers for our children as they were growing up was, “Lord if they are doing something wrong help them to get caught.”

We knew that if they got caught when they first started doing something wrong it could keep them from getting deeper and deeper into trouble. God heard us and He let them get caught!

You and I have no excuse. We can't say, “Look, we didn't know.”
God understands our hearts and He sees us. He who guards your soul knows you knew!

One of the toughest jobs we have as Christians is reaching out and trying to help another brother or sister in Christ get back on track once they have slid back, once they have wandered away and are living in sin.
James 5
19 My dear brothers and sisters, if someone among you wanders away from the truth and is brought back,  20 you can be sure that whoever brings the sinner back from wandering will save that person from death and bring about the forgiveness of many sins.
Application
I know that the One who guards my soul is watching me today! I plan to live today in a way that makes Him smile. How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, You know everything about me. You know when I sit down or stand up. You know my thoughts even when I’m far away. You know what I am going to say even before I say it, Lord.  I can never escape from your Spirit! I can never get away from your presence! If I go up to heaven, you are there; if I go down to the grave, you are there. If I ride the wings of the morning, if I dwell by the farthest oceans, even there your hand will guide me, and your strength will support me. Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life. Psalm 139:2,4,7-10, 23-24 Personalized
Daily Bible Reading: Numbers 14,15,16; Mark 3; I added Psalm 24, Psalm 54; Proverbs 24



No comments: