Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Watch Your Tongue And Keep Your Mouth Shut, And You Will Stay Out Of Trouble.

Watch Your Tongue
And Keep Your Mouth Shut,
And You Will Stay Out Of Trouble.
Scripture
Proverbs 21
23 Watch your tongue and keep your mouth shut,
    and you will stay out of trouble.
Observation
A zipper … that is what is missing … if I just had a zipper on my mouth... it would keep me out of so much trouble.
Don't laugh … I bet you have the same problem too!
Sometimes it is not what I say that gets me into trouble but it is the way I say it!
It is a good thing that I have memorized these 3 phrases and that I have learned over our 48 years of marriage to use them when the words of mouth hurt the one that I love the most:
I love you. I am sorry. Will you forgive me?
Do you shock yourself at some of the ugly, mean things that come out of your mouth? I know I do!
The Bible has a whole lot to say about our “tongue” and most of the verses are warnings about how deadly it is!
So lets use our words to build up our spouse and our children and not to tear them down. When you and I are out in public lets always make sure that we brag on our spouse and not put them down … don't ever, no not ever, throw them under the bus.
Proverbs 16:24
Kind words are like honey— sweet to the soul and healthy for the body.
Psalm 19:14
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.
Proverbs 12:18
Careless words stab like a sword, but the words of wise people bring healing.
Proverbs 15:1
A gentle answer deflects anger, but harsh words make tempers flare.
Proverbs 13:3
Those who control their tongue will have a long life; opening your mouth can ruin everything.
Proverbs 18:21
The tongue can bring death or life; those who love to talk will reap the consequences.
Application
I will watch what I say and how I say it when I talk to Kathy. How about you?
Proverbs 17:27
A truly wise person uses few words; a person with understanding is even-tempered.
Ephesians 4:29
Don’t use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them.

James 3:6,8
And among all the parts of the body, the tongue is a flame of fire. It is a whole world of wickedness, corrupting your entire body. It can set your whole life on fire, for it is set on fire by hell itself.but no one can tame the tongue. It is restless and evil, full of deadly poison.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, You know me better than anyone else. You know how many times my mouth and the tone of my voice has gotten me into trouble. You know how insensitive that I can be. I need Your help. Help me guard what I say and how I say it especially with Kathy, the one who I love the most. I pray for any one reading this blog who has used his or her words to hurt their spouse. Help them to please You with the words of their mouth and the meditation of their heart. Don't let us mess up!
Daily Bible Reading: Numbers 8,9; Acts 28; … I added Psalm 21, Psalm 51; Proverbs 21



No comments: