Saturday, February 03, 2018

We Put Our Hope In The Lord

We
Put Our Hope
In The Lord
Scripture
Psalm 33
20 We put our hope in the Lord.
    He is our help and our shield.

Observation

Are you sad? Are you dealing with depression or maybe with hopelessness?
Do you feel like the world is against you or that just nobody really cares?
You could be bummed out and not even know why!
Maybe life has just lost meaning and purpose and you find yourself just going through the motions.
All of us can have those kind of days! All of us need encouragement!
I was reminded as I read Psalm 33 this morning that God has a solution for us …
After reading Psalm 33:20 I did a word search for the word “hope” in the Bible and I picked out and listed a few of my favorite verses from the book of Psalms and one great verse from the book of Hebrews.
Hopefully as you read them they will be an encouragement to you too!
Psalm 25:5
Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.
Psalm 25:21
May integrity and honesty protect me, for I put my hope in you.
Psalm 31:24
So be strong and courageous, all you who put your hope in the Lord!
Psalm 33:20
We put our hope in the Lord. He is our help and our shield.
Psalm 33:22
Let your unfailing love surround us, Lord, for our hope is in you alone.
Psalm 39:7
And so, Lord, where do I put my hope? My only hope is in you.
Psalm 45:2
Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again— my Savior and my God!
Psalm 94:19
When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer.
Psalm 119:114
You are my refuge and my shield; your word is my source of hope.
Psalm 130:5
I am counting on the Lord; yes, I am counting on him. I have put my hope in his word.
Hebrews 6:19
This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls. It leads us through the curtain into God’s inner sanctuary.
Application

My hope is in the Lord. I will be strong and courageous! How about you?

Prayer
Heavenly Father, my hope is in You. I will not be afraid. You are a strong Anchor for my soul. You are my refuge and my shield; Your Word is my source of hope. When doubts fill my mind, your comfort will renew my hope. I am counting on You Lord; yes, I am counting on You. I put my hope in You. I pray today for those going through times of loss. Comfort them Lord. I pray for those who are sick. I pray for healing. You are the Mighty God. Nothing is too hard for You.
Daily Bible Reading: Exodus 35,36; Acts 10 … I added Psalm 3, Psalm 33; Proverbs 3



No comments: